Snapping Shoals EMC is here to help you make your home more efficient in 2023 with our new rebates. Rebates effective February 1, 2023.
Proof of installation is required and all items must have been purchased within 90 days to receive any rebates from SSEMC. Rebate programs may end or change at any time, and all programs are subject to verification from SSEMC. For more details and to find out if you qualify, call our Member Services Department at 770-385-2875. Be sure to visit www.energystar.gov for energy efficiency federal tax credits.
Whether you are remodeling your home or taking advantage of our rebates, our Recommended Contractors are here to help. These local contractors are qualified, insured, and ready to improve your home's energy efficiency.
• Replace your current heat pump/HVAC system with a new 16 SEER* or higher unit and receive $50 per ton up to $250. * Based on 2023 AHRI rating.
• Replace your current gas system with a 16 SEER or higher electric heat pump and receive $75 per ton up to $375.
*An AHRI certificate is required (see example). Dual fuel heat pumps are excluded. If a new system includes a wifi-capable thermostat, the thermostat is not eligible for a separate rebate.
• Replace your gas water heater with a 50-gallon or larger electric water heater and receive a $200 rebate.
• Replace your gas or electric water heater with a 50-gallon or larger heat pump water heater and receive $350.
• Receive a $30 SSEMC bill credit for 12 months if you purchase or lease an electric vehicle (EV). Hybrid vehicles do not qualify for a bill credit.
• Receive a $250 rebate when you purchase a Level 2 EV charger and have it installed at your home. (Charger must be UL rated. NEMA 14-50 adapters do not qualify.)
Receive a rebate up to 50 percent of the cost when you purchase a smart home thermostat. Maximum rebate is $75 and the thermostat must have wi-fi capability. Call us at 770-385-2875 for applicable models. Only one Smart Thermostat Rebate per household is allowed. Smart Thermostats included with new HVAC systems that qualify for a rebate do not qualify for a separate Smart Thermostat rebate.
Receive a rebate of 50 percent of the cost of upgrading your home’s insulation if your home was built before 2016. The maximum rebate is $400. Rebate requires bringing the R-value in your attic up to R-38 and R-19 in the crawl space. “Before” and “after” photos must be provided in order to qualify for the Insulation Upgrade rebate.